Thursday, January 7, 2010

Smitten With Mittens

I am still busy making mittens. I took this pair as a gift to a friend at church and she loved them. Well, another friend liked them as well and begged to try them on. She had a smile from ear to ear and eyes all lit up. I asked her if she really liked them she said are you kidding me (good for my ego here lol). I then asked would you like a pair also, she said yes very quickly lol, and also a pair for her friend. So I have been working on them this week and I will post a picture of them soon. I really like this pattern, it is so easy and fun. There is allot of variations that can be done with this pattern. The pattern is on Raverly.com and is called the 75 yd Malabrigo mittens. A real keeper for sure. People seem to love to have their fingers free for the computer work and at the same time keep their hands warm. Women seem to love it when they get a manicure as the fingers are free and nails dry.
Here is a picture of Timothy. He sure has grown. He is my cuddle baby. He just loves to have his cheeks and chin massaged. Have to get a pic of Little Bit up soon, thinking of renaming him Little Bite, he has his moods.

We are supposed to get snow today, so far has been a mild winter in Michigan at least here in my corner of it. Although I do not like the mess, I do hope we get one good blizzard, I love to watch it coming down. More later and as always God Bless, Hugs, Dusty

1 comment:

Bronwen said...

Hi Dusty,

You stopped by to ask about the Raised Eyelet Rib. It's from "Super Stitches Knitting" and it goes like this:

Multiples of 7 stitches plus 2

Row 1: *P2, K2tog, YO, K1, YO, SSK, repeat from * till last 2 sts, P2

Row 2: *P2, K5,*, last 2 P2

Row 3. *P2, K5*, last 2 P2

Row 4: As row 2.

And repeat.

Enjoy, and thanks for stopping by!