Thursday, June 14, 2007

No Electricity!

Last night around 3 a.m. in the morning we awoke to the sound of several transformers popping! Flashes of white and bang...my dog was not happy at all about it. So we were without electricity for most of the day. My daughter brought over her generator and we use that to save our freezer stuff. So now what to do, can't phone anyone, can't use the computer, hmmmmmmmmm, what to do...okay so I went outside and help my daughter pull weeds and get the yard ready for tommorrow's flowers. Yikes it was hot..but I did pretty good for not being an outdoor type of person. If fact it was kinda exciting about getting some pretty colors in the yard. Tyler handled it pretty well considering he did not get to watch his morning movies...

So we finished up at noon and I was able to soot over to my yarn shop for some instruction on how to make the really cute bowtie scarves...I wrote down all the instructions on how to do the cable down the center strip...me thinks these will make great gifts. Got home and was surprised to find out I needed to get some size 6 needles...good thing I have a 40% of coupon! So off to JoAnn's then back home for a nap, then happy evening of knitting.

Will post some pics of my progress soon.

Still on the Potter's Wheel,
Hugs, Dusty

2 comments:

rett og vrang said...

Lovely sites! I am a knitter, too- the last 20 years mashine and computer...
Hugs, Synnøve from Fun

Unknown said...

You are doing fabulously on your blog darlin'! I understand about the power outage thing all too well.. It goes into brown out here about 2 times a day because the feed mill for the pig farms kicks on to do what they do and the grid goes down for sometimes a few hours. Is quite the pain when you were right in the middle of something ont he puter! Keep up the good work on the blog honey!
Love you muchly,
your other child in Utah