Sunday, June 17, 2007

Who would have thought??






We live right dab in the middle of a busy city. Our house is set back off the road. We have a large back yard. We were told when we moved in last year that deer frequently trotted across the back yard..(hmmmm we thought).

Well, yesterday, what come trotting across our back yard but two fawns. We think the mom might have been hit by a car cause she was nowhere in site. My hubby had to take the picture through the screen..they bolted when he tried to get close to get a picture. It is such a delight in our backyard, we have deer, squirrels, and even a bunny that we call three ears and one of his ears is split.

Currently I am working on this cute bowtie scarf pattern. It has a reversible cable up the center strip. It will have a slot at the other end to tuck the other end of the scarf thru it. It is being done in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino. I also have a green Slotted Scarf in a dark green the picture did not show up great. I will try to get better pictures. I get some Baby Alpaca to do two more of these scarves..it is so soft and wonderful to work with.

Yesterday Tyler and I went for a drive and it was so hot. My AC is not working in my Bravado and it was miserable. I hope to get that fixed soon. We ended up at target and I got Tyler a lawn sprinkler for his birthday...we cannot have a pool, so I thought he would like to run in the sprinkler...hubby and I watched Ghost Rider last night with Nicholas Cage, (not that Nicholas Cage was here he was in the movie LOL)...while not one of his better movies it was entertaining. Well, time to get ready for church. They have a handicapped class for Tyler and he loves it. They have a huge window and he loves to walk back and forth looking outside. This has really worked out well for us as Mike and I can now attend our worship hour together. They have family hour at 5 tonight and we hope to make it back for that. My knitting ladies at church meet from 6-8 tonight and I am looking forward to that. So have a great and blessed day in the Lord.
Till next time...
Still on the Potter's Wheel,
Hugs, Dusty..

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I think, being totally honest here, the through the screen picture has a nice soft feel about it... like the deer have. I would have taken the picture just that way on purpose. I am one who totes my camera around and takes the strangest pictures but some of them turn out accidentally beautiful. Your hubby's picture is that. Very soft and just beautiful, kinda glowing from the sun. And I wished I lived close to you so you could teach me to needle knit... scarf is totally awesome!
:) Love you muchly!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful shot of the deer. And it looks like you live in a forested area. Your scarf is really very nice and I love the color.

jhjk said...

Love the picture of the deer!! I awoke this morning to see two deer playing in the field across from our apartment. I went out to get a picture but missed them. They got spooked by someone doing some drilling or something nearby. The sound scared them back into the brush. BOOHOO Next time!!
So glad your sharing your life through the blog. I know you have a very busy one. Praying for the weddings etc.