Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Shawls Done!!

This is our daughter Michelle. On Monday she and Chris came over for us to have our private pre-wedding welcoming Chris into the family and celebrating. We spent the whole day and into the evening with them. Michelle loved her shawl. I got to share some special mom-daughter time with her also. It is a time I pray she keeps in her heart as she gathers golden moments throughout her life. She said she was going to wear her shawl to the shower, which is one week from this Sunday. The wedding is on August 5th.







Next is the shawl I made for my other daughter Trish. It is a very easy to knit triangle shawl. I gave it to Trish yesterday, she was having a really rough day the day before and she was thrilled with the shawl.






This is a truer color of the shawl, isn't it amazing what different lighting does to colors.
http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/60301.html

I now will work on finishing my bowtie scarf. The first one is turning out a little bigger but it will still work.

Makaila is enjoying Larger Than Life Bible Camp this week. I take her each morning at 8:30 and pick her up in the afternoon at 3:30. You think she would be really tired...she is full of so my energy...maybe I will nail on shoe to the floor tonight LOL....this granny is having a busy week...it sure does bring back memories of raising my own children...but I didn't seem to poo out by 4 in the afternoon. No nap time this week. Um, when does school start back LOL...

Still on the Potter's Wheel,
Hugs, Dusty

2 comments:

cre8tivkj said...

Both shawls are absolutely lovely! I too enjoy checking in on you, my friend and visiting for a bit. What you did for your daughters is very special :-)

Warmest Regards,
Karen
cre8tivkj

Anonymous said...

Very stunning work.